Day Begins

"As the leaves blow in the cool fall air, I am reminded that winter will soon be here. The hay is stored in the barn, the firewood in the shed, and meat and produce preserved, I feel secure. My family sleeps as I kindle a fire in the cookstove. The kitchen warms. Fresh eggs and milk, bacon for breakfast. I am a father, husband, farmer, hunter and provider. Another day has begun." RW

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Maine Maple Sunday 2013

All are welcome to visit our family sugar house and farm on Sunday March 24, 2013 from Noon to 5 pm. Come learn how we make maple syrup, be inspired to try it yourself. We will offer farm tours to see our dairy goat herd,, our laying hens, or visit the warm greenhouse in the back yard. We are located at 693 West Road, Bowdoin, Maine. Our homestead is kid friendly and we love to help others to become more self-sufficient. Hope to see you there. Angela & Reuben Wheeler

No comments:

Post a Comment