Day Begins

"As the leaves blow in the cool fall air, I am reminded that winter will soon be here. The hay is stored in the barn, the firewood in the shed, and meat and produce preserved, I feel secure. My family sleeps as I kindle a fire in the cookstove. The kitchen warms. Fresh eggs and milk, bacon for breakfast. I am a father, husband, farmer, hunter and provider. Another day has begun." RW

Thursday, March 28, 2013

Busy time on the Farm

Things are really busy on the farm these days. The sap has been running well, which means lots of time in the sugar house. Emily and Clover are due to kid soon in the goat barn, and there is more firewood to cut for next winter. We had a great group visiting on Sunday at the sugar house as well. I hope you all had a good time. Off the farm we are working on baseball and softball as well as making a living, of course. The sunny hours will be spent wisely so we can look back and know that we did the best we could. Everyone is busy doing what we love, so we'll keep on doing it. Take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment