Day Begins

"As the leaves blow in the cool fall air, I am reminded that winter will soon be here. The hay is stored in the barn, the firewood in the shed, and meat and produce preserved, I feel secure. My family sleeps as I kindle a fire in the cookstove. The kitchen warms. Fresh eggs and milk, bacon for breakfast. I am a father, husband, farmer, hunter and provider. Another day has begun." RW

Sunday, March 3, 2019

March Snow Coming

As I lug wood to the stove in the living room I look out into the night sky for the arrival of the first snowflakes. The firewood pile has really shrunk over these last two months. I am comforted by the growing warmth of Sun and looking forward to the upcoming maple sugar season. The barn is quiet these days. After over 20 years of raising goats, I have decided to take some time off to consider what is next for the Farmer. More vegetables, more fruit trees, more open space. Smaller grain bills, less worry about the uncertainty of the hay crop and less daily chores. Three old hens await my daily trips to the henhouse with the table scraps and a warm drink of water.

We've cut some firewood for next fall, but lots more will be needed. Gideon helped salvage some pine logs from the old homestead, a result of the October 2017 windstorm. I hope the lumber will be of good color and quality when we saw it. I've been doing some much needed maintenance on Ol Rusty, the 384 International. A new hydraulic pump and fluid replacements are done. Still more to do. Dad was so good at this stuff, I miss him.



The old Farmall C sits awaiting her next assignment. She is always ready to work. Probably the best $600 I ever spent.

Land Surveying has seen a few busy years now, with another on the way. I wear lots of hats, but also enjoy being able to focus on becoming really good at something. When I know where this leads, I will let you know.

1 comment:

  1. I'm  here to share my testimony of what a good trusted loan company did for me. My name is Nikita Tanya, from Russian and I’m a lovely mother of 3 kids I lost my funds on trying to get a loan it was so hard for me and my children, I went online to seek for a loan assistance  all hope was lost until one faithful day when I met this friend of mine who recently secured a loan from Le_Meridian Funding Service She introduced me to this honest loan company who helped me get a loan in within 5 working days, I will forever be grateful to Mr Benjamin, for helping me get back on feet again. You can contact Mr Benjamin via email: lfdsloans@lemeridianfds.com, they do not know I’m doing this for them, but i just have to do it because a lot of people are out there who are in need of a loan assistance  please come to this company and be saved.WhatsApp:(+1 989-394-3740)

    ReplyDelete