Day Begins

"As the leaves blow in the cool fall air, I am reminded that winter will soon be here. The hay is stored in the barn, the firewood in the shed, and meat and produce preserved, I feel secure. My family sleeps as I kindle a fire in the cookstove. The kitchen warms. Fresh eggs and milk, bacon for breakfast. I am a father, husband, farmer, hunter and provider. Another day has begun." RW

Monday, August 18, 2014

Summer times

Things are still busy here on the farm. I´m milking two does now and the garden is really starting to produce. The wild blackberries are getting ready to harvest. I have been sawing some lumber on the Oscar 28, and trying my hand at making Adirondack siding for Gideon´s Getaway. I will post some pics soon. The recent rain storm washed lots of things away, but all ok here. We have made some progress at the Litchfield house, mostly grading improvements to get water away from the house. So far the new sump pump is working good. The firewood is underway, but I'm a bit behind schedule. My land surveying business is going well, my clients are very patient as I do my best to keeps things moving along. Gideon and I are helping at the Bowdoin Fire Department, learning what we can. Staying self-sufficient is as hard as ever when my time is at a premium. Try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment