Day Begins

"As the leaves blow in the cool fall air, I am reminded that winter will soon be here. The hay is stored in the barn, the firewood in the shed, and meat and produce preserved, I feel secure. My family sleeps as I kindle a fire in the cookstove. The kitchen warms. Fresh eggs and milk, bacon for breakfast. I am a father, husband, farmer, hunter and provider. Another day has begun." RW

Thursday, March 13, 2014

Maple syrup production

Maple season is underway, despite the recent storm. We only got rain and a trace of snow here in Bowdoin. Some areas to the north got two feet, luckily not us. We have had a couple of days of recent sap run, so I´m boiling down our first 130 gallons or so. This winter has been a long and cold one, so much for global warming.

Hope to see you for our Maple Sunday Open House, March 23 10-4.

No comments:

Post a Comment