Day Begins

"As the leaves blow in the cool fall air, I am reminded that winter will soon be here. The hay is stored in the barn, the firewood in the shed, and meat and produce preserved, I feel secure. My family sleeps as I kindle a fire in the cookstove. The kitchen warms. Fresh eggs and milk, bacon for breakfast. I am a father, husband, farmer, hunter and provider. Another day has begun." RW

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Maple Sugar Season Photos


2010 was our first year with our new 2x4 W.F. Mason evaporator. Made right here in Maine, with real Maine craftsmanship.



The "local inspector" checks out the brick job on the new arch.


The sugar house is nearly set up and ready for the sap to start to run.



One our first boils, the little unit sure makes steam. We had a lot or fun this year and we are hoping for better sap seasons in the years to come.

1 comment:

  1. Maine sounds sweet like maple syrup, but looks cold like winter or something!

    ReplyDelete